Wholly Balanced, Inquiry-Based, Action Oriented, & Globally Connected
Grades 6 to Grades 10
Children become adults, and this healthy development means they have to try things, to come to terms with their emerging bodies, and to understand the changing social complexities in which they are caught. At the same time, they want to be both unique and the same as others, separate and connected, capable and supported.
The Middle Years Programme (MYP) is built for these young people in mind, to catch them on their flight, and to ensure that they learn and grow in safe and exciting ways. Through personal growth, the MYP encourages knowledge, curiosity, and competence.
Benefits of the Middle Years Programme
- Provides students opportunities to develop the knowledge, attitudes, and skills they need in order to manage complexity and take responsible action for the future.
- Ensures breadth and depth of understanding through study in eight subject groups.
- Requires the study of at least two languages to support students in understanding their own cultures and those of others.
- Empowers students to participate in service within the community.
- Helps to prepare students for further education, the workplace, and a lifetime of learning.
- Addresses holistically students’ intellectual, social, emotional, and physical well-being.
Grade 10 Personal Projects
After years of inquiring, thinking, researching, studying, and learning, Grade 10 students complete their own, self-initiated discovery known as the Personal Project. Students decide what they want to learn more about, create a proposal for the project, and get started.
The MYP encourages students to become creative, critical, and reflective thinkers. The MYP, like all IB Programmes, is transdisciplinary, meaning students investigate big ideas while learning concepts and skills which have relevance within specific disciplines and across subject areas.