At Meadowridge School we are committed to growing the diversity of our student population and enrich our own community through a scholarship for deserving students. At the same time we recognize that many well-rounded, academically-strong students may not have the financial means to explore all the educational options available.
As such we are pleased to offer a scholarship for students who wish to complete their High School years at Meadowridge School and go on to "live well, with others and for others, in a just community".
The Meadowridge Parent Guild is a proud supporter of the Meadowridge Scholarship Program and we thank them for their contributions to making this scholarship possible on an annual basis.
Please note: This scholarship is not open to students currently enrolled at Meadowridge School.
About the Meadowridge Scholarship
Grades: Grade 9 to 12 (beginning for the 2023/24 school year). Begins in Grade 9 and recipients who continue to meet the academic standards of the scholarship will be eligible to continue the scholarship each year until graduation.
Amount Covered: Covers yearly tuition (application fee, program fees, uniform, cafeteria, and transportation costs are not covered). Tuition and fees information can be found here.
Students must have the following for their application to be considered:
- Minimum 80% average in their Grade 6 and 7 years.
- Residence in British Columbia and eligible for the education grant from the Ministry of Education.
- Canadian citizenship or Permanent Residency in Canada
- Post-secondary institution plans for after graduation
- Second language instruction up to and including the Grade 8 level, which the student will need to continue until Graduation as per the Diploma Programme requirements.
- Three references (not from family) that articulate why the applicant would benefit from Meadowridge and vice-versa. Contact information for each reference must be included to allow follow-up
- All other application requirements as per standard admission to Meadowridge
- Demonstrated high academic performance and aptitude.
- Passion and achievements in the arts, community service, leadership, athletics, or other extra-curriculars.
- Demonstrated upstanding character that aligns with our school Mission and Vision as well as the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile.
How to Apply
Please note: The $400 application fee must be paid for applications to be submitted and is non-refundable.
- Email email@example.com before submitting your application to let us know of your intention.
- All applicants must follow the standard Meadowridge Admissions Process.
- Once the applicant successfully completes the admissions process (documents submitted, assessment, SSAT) they are required to write a letter and meet with our Head of School detailing why they want to attend Meadowridge School.
- The applicant meets with our Head of School to discuss admissions to the school.
- The applicant's family must apply for the financial aid to determine need.