Recently, our province and, more specifically, our health region has seen a significant increase in the number of COVID-19 cases. In our efforts to keep our community as safe as possible, we have made some changes to our mask wearing expectation that we are sharing today. We anticipate that all members of our community will work together to ensure these are in place as soon as feasibly possible.
- All staff/adults will wear masks in all common areas (hallways, cafeteria, bathrooms, etc.)
- All students from grade 6-12 will wear masks in all common areas.
- All students and staff will wear masks when they are interacting with someone outside of their cohort and physical distancing cannot be maintained
The additional measures include:
- All students (grade 6-12) are strongly encouraged to wear masks at all times when reasonable and feasible. This includes in classes, while in cohort, and outside when interacting outside of cohort (arrival/dismissal time).
- Students in the Elementary School are welcome to wear masks.
- All staff and visitors are expected to wear masks at all times when reasonable and feasible. This includes in classes, meetings, and any time you are interacting directly with others including outside when in close proximity to others.
- All parents are strongly encouraged to wear masks during pick up and drop off.
Some areas where it would be reasonable to not wear a mask include:
- Individual office or shared office with other physical barrier
- Classroom when not interacting directly with students (empty or when giving instructions from a distance)
- While eating
- While outside and appropriately distanced
- In PHE classes (cohort)