Need travel ideas for spring break? ’16 Alumni and Williams Lake resident, Colin Gill has a few travel tips for those who have travel plans to explore the beautiful Central Interior of BC, specifically, Williams Lake and the surrounding Cariboo region. Colin shares his top 6 things you have to do and a few amazing shots from his trips in the interior.
Williams Lake/Cariboo – Colin Gill
Here are my top 5 must experiences in the Cariboo (the region surrounding Williams Lake):
- Experience the Famous Williams Lake Stampede held annualy over the July 1st long weekend.
- Visit the historic gold rush town of Barkerville.
- Go hiking/Mountain Biking on Fox Mountain and the other local trails in Williams Lake.
- Enjoy a scenic drive while making your way to Farwell Canyon for some sightseeing.
- Go fly fishing on the Horsefly River.
- Spend a chill night (or a few) camping at Chilko Lake.
Colin fell in love with the outdoors and with nature through living in Williams Lake and working as a Drill and Blast Engineer for Gibraltar mine. He regularly goes fishing, off-roading, camping, skiing, and treks long adventurous hikes in Williams Lake and the surrounding areas.
Got a travel tip you’d love to share with the Community? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org