School Closure Information
Inclement Weather & Power Outage Information
Is Meadowridge School Open?
The School is
After-School Activities are
After School Busses
Guidelines For Parents During An Emergency
We communicate with all families via letter at the beginning of each year to outline expectations during an emergency and/or critical incident involving the school. The following guidelines are shared:
- Parents are not to phone the school during or following a disaster as we must keep phone lines open for outgoing emergency calls.
- Parents are asked not to call their children on their cellphones during a lockdown. A ringing phone can bring unwanted attention to student groups if we are responding to an intruder.
- Parents are asked not to drive to the school during a critical incident as access to the school must be kept clear for emergency response vehicles.
- Parents are asked to listen and watch for updates and not flood the school with phone calls. We will keep the community informed of events and communicate response plans through the website, direct email, phone trees, direct texting and/or social media updates to keep Meadowridge parents informed.
- Parents are asked to communicate the need for students to be released into their care (or their designate) following an emergency and not to leave the school on their own.
- What about a power outage before school starts for the day?
- What about a power outage while school is in session?
- How will I be contacted during school hours?
- It's not safe for my child to travel to school but it is open. What should I do?
- When will school closure information be posted on the website?
Bussing Snow Routes & Lynch Bus Lines Mobile Notifications
It is the responsibility of the parents to sign up for text alerts from Lynch Bus Lines to be notified of a change in routes and use of snow routes. Meadowridge School does not communicate this information and it is the responsibility of Lynch Bus Lines. You can sign up for the notifications by filling out this form.